Neonatal Nursing Care Handbook, Third Edition
Carole Kenner, Marina V Boykova
Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Naturwissenschaften, Medizin, Informatik, Technik / Medizin
This benchmark handbook for neonatal nurse practitioners describes the most common conditions and procedures in an easy-to-access streamlined format. This thoroughly revised third edition continues to promote the foundational principles of evidence-based nursing practice worldwide, while taking the resources and requirements of different practice settings into account. It delivers updated information on trauma-informed care and offers new sections on parent perspectives about transition to home, neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome (NOWS), and therapeutic hypothermia.
Designed with a logical organization, Neonatal Nursing Care Handbook, Third Edition features brief narratives and plentiful illustrations and charts. This quick reference is easily used by English-as-second-language nurses and can be conveniently stored in a pocket for on-the-go referral. Part I uses a systems approach to address management of disorders related to each body system. All chapters include a brief definition of the neonatal problem, followed by diagnostic tests and labs. Part II encompasses special care considerations such as nutrition, surgical care, and palliative care. Part III discusses widely seen procedures and diagnostic tests, complete with lab values. Appendices contain additional useful content on weights and temperatures, common abbreviations, and pertinent web resources.
New to the Third Edition:
- Addresses trauma-informed care
- Additional Content On:
- Generalized nursing care regarding respiratory, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, renal, and hematologic/immune systems
- Bottle feeding
- Oral/Nasogastric/Gastrointestinal Tube Feedings
- Parent perspective on the transition home/primary care
- High frequency ventilation and new techniques
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) and Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal (NOW)
- Total body cooling/therapeutic hypothermia
- Written by neonatal nurses and other health professionals for neonatal nurses
- Assists neonatal nurses in making sound clinical decisions
- Provides streamlined, well-organized format for quick information retrieval
- Written in brief narratives supported by illustrations, diagrams, and flow charts
- Easily understandable to English-as-second-language nurses
- Covers diagnostic tests and lab values and includes medication guide