Creating a Caring Science Curriculum, Second Edition
Marcia Hills, Chantal Cara, Jean Watson, et al.
Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Naturwissenschaften, Medizin, Informatik, Technik / Allgemeines
The hallmark text for nursing faculty seeking to promote the transformative teaching of caring science, Creating a Caring Science Curriculum: A Relational Emancipatory Pedagogy for Nursing reflects the paramount scholarship of Caring Science educators. This second edition intertwines visionary thinking with blueprints, exemplars, and dynamic direction for the application of fundamental principles. It goes beyond the conventional by offering a model that serves as an emancipatory, ethical-philosophical, educational, and pedagogical learning guide for both teachers and students.
Divided into five units, the text addresses the history of the caring curriculum revolution and its powerful presence within nursing. Unit I lays the foundation for a Caring Science curriculum. Unit II introduces intellectual and strategic blueprints for caring-based education, including action-oriented approaches for faculty–student relations, teaching/learning skills, pedagogical practices, critical-reflective-creative approaches to evolving human consciousness, and power relation dynamics. Unit III addresses curriculum structure and design, the evolution of a caring-based college of nursing, caring in advanced practice education, and the development of caring consciousness in nurse leaders. It also features real-world exemplars of Caring Science curricula. Unit IV includes an alternative approach to clinical and course-based evaluation, and the text concludes with an exploration of the future of the Caring Science curriculum as a way of emancipating the human spirit. Each chapter is structured to maximize engagement with reflective exercises and learning activities that encourage the integration of theory and practice into the learning process.
New to This Edition:
- Updated chapters, case studies, and learning activities
- Six new chapters that provide guidance on how to create a Caring Science curriculum
- Exemplars from institutions that have developed Caring Science curricula
- Provides a broad application of Caring Science for teachers, students, and nursing leaders
- Features case studies of teacher/student lived learning experiences within a caring–loving pedagogical environment
- Encourages the integration of theory and practice into the learning process with learning activities and reflective exercises
- Distills the expertise of world-renowned Caring Science scholars