Writing for Publication in Nursing, Fourth Edition
Marilyn H. Oermann, Judith C. Hays
Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Naturwissenschaften, Medizin, Informatik, Technik / Allgemeines
Designated a Doody's Core Title!
“Writing for publication is essential for disseminating nursing knowledge, and this book will surely prepare budding authors and serve as a resource for experienced authors. It is a great reference for authors at all levels." Score: 100, Five Stars
--Doody's Medical Reviews
This in-depth resource on writing for nurses—clinicians, graduate students, researchers, and faculty—guides users through the entire process of writing evidence-based research papers and journal articles, disseminating clinical project findings and innovations, and preparing manuscripts for publication. The completely updated fourth edition expands the content on conducting and writing systematic, integrative, and literature reviews; disseminating evidence and writing papers on clinical topics; and reporting quality-improvement studies. It provides new examples of excellent writing from a varied selection of nursing journals. Woven throughout is an explanation of current writing guidelines for research such as CONSORT and PRISMA. Also included are electronic versions of useful forms and updated web resources relevant to each chapter.
Chapters feature helpful tables, figures, and illustrations; learner exercises to guide development of competencies; and discussion topics designed to address the variety of challenges posed when writing for publication. The print version of the book includes searchable digital access to entire contents.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Updated chapters and new examples from a wide variety of nursing journals
- Expanded content on conducting and writing systematic, integrative, and literature reviews
- Guidelines for reporting different types of research
- Criteria for evaluating the quality of a nursing journal and avoiding predatory journals
- Examination of open-access journal markets
- Strategies for interprofessional collaboration
- Updated content on quality-improvement reporting
- Tips to avoid plagiarism
- Guidance on writing case studies, case reports, policy papers, and articles
- Expanded discussion and examples of searchable databases
- Electronic versions of useful forms
- Updated web resources in each chapter and in an appendix
- Takes the reader step by step through the entire process of writing for publication
- Covers conducting and writing a literature review and writing research, review, quality-improvement, evidencebased practice, and clinical practice articles
- Delivers strategies for writing all types of journal articles, chapters, books, and other forms of writing
- Includes tips for turning dissertations, DNP projects, and course assignments into manuscripts
- Details the submission, editorial review, and publication processes
- Includes a module for online courses in each chapter
- Includes Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoints, and sample syllabus