Advanced Health Assessment and Differential Diagnosis
Laima Karosas (Hrsg.), Karen Myrick (Hrsg.)
Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Naturwissenschaften, Medizin, Informatik, Technik / Medizin
The first textbook to specifically target the scope of practice for advanced practice nurses and physician assistants
With a focus on promoting sound clinical decision-making and a streamlined and highly accessible approach, this text for advanced practice nurses and physician assistants delivers up-to-date primary care health assessment techniques for individuals throughout the lifespan. Each chapter offers a concise overview of anatomy and physiology and an in-depth review of normal and abnormal findings. The holistic assessment section for each system—emphasizing the importance of social considerations—further prepares students for informed clinical practice.
Chapters feature a comprehensive assessment of special populations, including patients with disabilities; pediatric, pregnant, and elderly patients; and transgendered and veteran populations, as well as differential diagnosis guidance in tabular format. Chapters are further enhanced with illustrations, images, and case studies that demonstrate clinical reasoning and application of principles to practice. A robust ancillary package includes an instructor manual, discussion questions, multiple-choice questions, and PowerPoint slides.
- Addresses anatomy and physiology, normal and abnormal findings, and holistic health assessment, including assessment of special populations
- Offers case studies with examples of documentation and coding information
- Fosters diagnostic reasoning and critical-thinking with thorough differential diagnosis tables
- Provides visual guidance on the recognition and assessment of normal and abnormal findings with illustrations and images
- Includes a robust ancillary package with an instructor manual, discussion questions, multiple-choice questions, and PowerPoint slides