Evidence-Based Physical Examination
Alice Teall (Hrsg.), Bernadette Melnyk (Hrsg.), Kate Gawlik (Hrsg.)
Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Naturwissenschaften, Medizin, Informatik, Technik / Medizin
The first book to teach physical assessment techniques based on evidence and clinical relevance.
Grounded in an empirical approach to history-taking and physical assessment techniques, this text for healthcare clinicians and students focuses on patient well-being and health promotion. It is based on an analysis of current evidence, up-to-date guidelines, and best-practice recommendations. It underscores the evidence, acceptability, and clinical relevance behind physical assessment techniques.
Evidence-Based Physical Examination offers the unique perspective of teaching both a holistic and a scientific approach to assessment. Chapters are consistently structured for ease of use and include anatomy and physiology, key history questions and considerations, physical examination, laboratory considerations, imaging considerations, evidence-based practice recommendations, and differential diagnoses related to normal and abnormal findings. Case studies, clinical pearls, and key takeaways aid retention, while abundant illustrations, photographic images, and videos demonstrate history-taking and assessment techniques. Instructor resources include PowerPoint slides, a test bank with multiple-choice questions and essay questions, and an image bank. This is the physical assessment text of the future.
- Delivers the evidence, acceptability, and clinical relevance behind history-taking and assessment techniques
- Eschews “traditional” techniques that do not demonstrate evidence-based reliability
- Focuses on the most current clinical guidelines and recommendations from resources such as the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
- Focuses on the use of modern technology for assessment
- Aids retention through case studies, clinical pearls, and key takeaways
- Demonstrates techniques with abundant illustrations, photographic images, and videos
- Includes robust instructor resources: PowerPoint slides, a test bank with multiple-choice questions and essay questions, and an image bank
- Purchase includes digital access for use on most mobile devices or computers