Theoretical Perspectives for Direct Social Work Practice
Peter Lehmann (Hrsg.), J. Christopher Hall (Hrsg.), Kristin Bolton (Hrsg.)
Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Geisteswissenschaften, Kunst, Musik / Pädagogik
This new and fully updated edition of the best-selling theories text for social workers introduces social work students and practitioners to a wide variety of theories for direct social work practice. Originally edited by Nick Coady and Peter Lehmann, the new edition provides a framework for integrating the use of theory with central social work principles and values combined with artistic elements of practice. Completely updated and reorganized to encompass the latest theories as applied to a generalist mental health practice, the fourth edition brings a fresh perspective with the addition of two new lead editors.
Theoretical Perspective for Direct Social Work Practice: A Generalist-Eclectic Approach is rooted in the generalist-eclectic approach to social work practice, with the contents explored through a problem-solving model facilitating the integration of the artistic and scientific elements of practice. The new edition includes 9 new chapters covering Couples Theory, the Psychodynamic Approach, Dialetical Behavior Therapy, Dialetical Behavior Therapy for the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder, Trauma Informed Practice, Motivational Interviewing, Anti-Oppressive Theory, Mindfulness-based Approaches, and EMDR Therapy.
Chapters are consistently organized and include a case study and associated prompts to foster class discussion. Each includes chapter objectives and summaries, tables, and diagrams. A robust instructor package contains a sample syllabus, PowerPoint slides, and exam questions for each chapter. Purchase includes digital access for use on most mobile devices or computers.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Two new lead editors and new chapter contributors bringing a fresh new perspective to the content
- 9 brand new chapters covering new and relevant theories and models to ensure readers have all the facts at hand and can easily incorporate theories into their everyday practice
- Significantly reorganized to reflect the state of art in social work practice
- Chapters are consistently formatted and include a case study with prompts to promote critical thinking and discussion
- Chapter objectives and summaries in every chapter reinforce content
- Tables illustrate when and why to use a particular theory
- Diagrams serve as visual representations of various models
- Includes Instructor Package with Sample Syllabus, PowerPoints, and exam questions in each chapter