Fast Facts for Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing, Third Edition
Maryann Godshall (Hrsg.)
Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Naturwissenschaften, Medizin, Informatik, Technik / Allgemeines
Second Edition Designated a Doody’s Core Title!
This is a concise, pocket-sized resource for students and practicing nurses alike that delivers the fundamentals of evidence-based practice (EBP) and basic nursing research concepts in an easy-to-read, quick-access format. It demystifies the research process with straightforward information. The third edition is updated to deliver the most current information on research methods, database upgrades, and new resources.
The reference serves as a succinct companion for students in EBP courses and provides practicing nurses with a resource for developing EBP on their units. It equips bedside nurses with fundamental concepts and explains basic research terms and how to conduct literature searches to “find the evidence.” The third edition continues to deliver the most practical information on EBP, including how to get the best evidence quickly, using various databases, and coverage of both quantitative and qualitative methods. At-a-glance charts categorize research and abundant examples demonstrate concepts. This classroom-tested book also provides background information on defining the “compelling question,” which is essential to finding the appropriate evidence-based material.
New to the Third Edition:
- Updated with current information on research methods and new resources
- “Finding the Evidence” chapter completely updated with the latest databases and search engines
- Includes two new chapters, “The Iowa Model of Evidence-Based Practice to Promote Quality Care” and “Evidence-Based Practice in the Nurse Residency Program”
- Aligns with projects that are required by many undergraduate programs and residency/internship programs for new nurses
- Incorporates the Iowa Model of EBP into developing the project format
- Provides step-by-step methods to implement evidence-based practice
- Includes examples of how hospitals and healthcare providers are integrating EBP into their practice
- Includes extensive coverage of how EBP can be used to improve patient care, with examples and cases to show readers practical application of content
- Reviews basic terms and principles
- Presents quantitative and qualitative research approaches
- Has been classroom tested and used in both live and online course formats