Handbook of Treatment Planning in Radiation Oncology
Andrew Vassil (Hrsg.), Neil Woody (Hrsg.), Gregory Videtic (Hrsg.)
Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Naturwissenschaften, Medizin, Informatik, Technik / Medizin
Note to Readers: Publisher does not guarantee quality or access to any included digital components if book is purchased through a third-party seller.
Revised and updated, Handbook of Treatment Planning for Radiation Therapy, Third Edition continues its tradition of providing evidence-based approaches to the specific technical aspects of delivering radiation treatment. Easy to read and relevant to general practice, this popular pocket-sized manual leads radiation oncology trainees and clinicians through the basics of radiotherapy planning and delivery for all major malignancies in a step-by-step manner. Organized by body site or system, each chapter provides technical details and clinical updates to planning as a result of practice-changing paradigms as well as new and updated equipment and techniques. Specialized topics such as palliative radiotherapy and pediatric radiotherapy round out the final chapters.
With over 40 new images in addition to detailed accounts of advances in the field, this highly anticipated third edition provides important updates while retaining the valued, practical features of the previous editions. Written by members of staff in the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Cleveland Clinic, this edition continues to be a valuable resource for training as well as a reliable quick reference for professionals in the field such as radiation therapists and technologists, radiation nurses, dosimetrists, physicists, and practicing physicians.
- Presents concise summaries including target definitions and dose constraints for planning all major disease sites
- Provides updated coverage of planning associated with stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for prostate, pancreas, and liver cancers
- Includes over 40 all new color images and with close to 200 color images all together
- Outlines new practice standards for hypofractionated radiation therapy in breast and prostate cancers
- Explains specific technical aspects important for the appropriate clinical delivery of radiation treatment