Health Equity and Nursing
Margaret P. Moss (Hrsg.), Janice Phillips (Hrsg.)
Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Naturwissenschaften, Medizin, Informatik, Technik / Medizin
Authored by highly respected nurse educators, leaders, and scholars, this text focuses on the power of nurses and how they can make substantial contributions to improve the health of all populations. It delivers an in-depth examination and analysis of current issues and determinants of health as outlined by Healthy People 2020 and addresses AACN’s Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice.
Along with principles, pathways, and imperatives pertinent to achieving health equity, thetext discusses the evolution of thinking from eliminating health disparities to achieving health equity, and examines population-based and population-specific inequities in health status and outcomes. Highlighting the importance of interprofessional collaboration, it surveys timely initiatives, programs, and professionals—within and outside of the health sciences—who are important partners in efforts toward achieving health equity. Chapters are highly templated to include objectives, key concepts, critical-thinking questions, discussion questions, and resources.
- Focuses on the power of nursing to make substantive contributions to improving the health of all populations
- Examines principles, pathways, and imperatives pertinent to achieving health equity
- Discusses economic, environmental, personal, social, and structural factors that impact health status and outcomes
- Highlights the importance of interprofessional collaboration in achieving health equity
- Addresses AACN’s Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Demonstrates key concepts and stimulates reflection through critical-thinking and discussion questions
- Purchase includes digital access for use on most mobile devices or computers