Institutions of the Global South
Jacqueline Anne (The City University of New York, USA) Braveboy-Wagner
Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Sozialwissenschaften, Recht, Wirtschaft / Politikwissenschaft
While clearly assessing the achievements, performance and responses of major global south institutions to global change, Jacqueline Anne Braveboy-Wagner shows how and why such arrangements are critical in the South’s efforts to call the international community’s attention to their concerns and to resolve their special problems.
Focusing on a range of key areas to provide the reader with a well-rounded understanding of this important subject in international affairs, the book:
- offers a rationale for the institutional development in the global South
- elaborates on the scope of membership, structure, aims, and problems of such institutions
- assesses the utility of tri-continental political and economic organizations
- examines the history and activities of region-wide organizations
- evaluates the potential of sub-regional integration arrangements
- analyses the applicability of various theories, and makes suggestions with respect to the study of global South institutions.
The lack of a comprehensive and accessible compilation of institutions of key importance to the global South in the post-war period, makes this book essential reading to students and scholars in the fields of in international organization, international politics, foreign policy, international development, and global south public policies.