Practical Evaluation for Conservation Education and Outreach
Kathayoon A. Khalil, Katherine Clavijo
Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Ratgeber / Natur
Here are the tools and skills needed to conduct meaningful, comprehensive evaluations
How do we know if a conservation education or outreach program is working?
Practical Evaluation for Conservation Education and Outreach: Assessing Impacts & Enhancing Effectiveness presents a simple approach to using evaluation to design, monitor and assess education and outreach. It is for anyone whose organization or work involves creating educational programs designed to raise conservation awareness and promote pro-conservation behaviors.
Even more than a how-to book, it can help you to build your organization’s capacity to conduct meaningful, comprehensive evaluations. The book’s purpose is to provide specific skills and knowledge that they can immediately put to use in conducting evaluation studies of conservation education programs.
The reader will build an understanding that:
- Evaluation yields useful information
- Evaluation should be a part of a program’s design process
- Evaluation can be a positive experience
- Evaluation contributes to conservation education and outreach program’s success
The reader will build their knowledge of:
- Key evaluation terms and concepts
- The relationship between evaluation and research
- How evaluation processes and finding can contribute to decision making
- The strengths and weaknesses of different evaluation approaches and data collection methods
- The relationship among a program’s goals, objective, activities and expected outcomes
The readers will be able to
- Develop and refine key evaluation questions
- Review and contribute to an evaluation plan
- Construct and improve data-collection instruments
- Collect credible and reliable data
- Interpret results and draw conclusions
This book provides practical advice on conducting evaluation that is specific for conservation professionals. Case studies describe how evaluation has led to program improvements in a range of conservation settings. While there are numerous books that describe how to conduct program evaluation, none provide specific examples and tools relevant to improving environmental outcomes.
Evaluation, Natural Resources, Assessment, Conservation Education, Instructional Assessment