Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Ratgeber / Gesundheit
Wondering whether it’s worth it to splurge on the locally raised beef? What about those organic carrots? New in the Chelsea Green Guides series, Sustainable Food: How to Buy Right and Spend Less helps the average shopper navigate the choices, whether strolling the aisles of a modern supermarket or foraging at a local farmers market.
This down-to-earth, casual guide—small enough to be slipped into your pocket—answers these and other questions for the shopper:
- What are the differences among organic, local, fair-trade, free-range, naturally raised, and biodynamic foods?
- How affordable is it to subscribe to a CSA farm—and what are the advantages?
- Is it better to choose wild Alaskan salmon at $18.99, or the Chilean farmed fish at $11.99?
- What cooking oils can be sustainably sourced?
- How can a food co-op increase access to, and affordability of, healthier, Earth-friendly foods?
- Where can you find sustainably produced sugar, and are there any local replacements for sweeteners from faraway lands?
- What do the distinctions between shade-grown and trellised coffee mean?
- Is shark okay to eat? How about mackerel?
- Why is the war on plastic bags so important?
Sustainable eating just got easier.
csa, recipes, locavore, meat, seasonal, localvore, chelsea green guides, green guides, slow food, organic, vegetables, guides, farmers market