Policy and Program Planning for Older Adults and People with Disabilities
Links auf reinlesen.de sind sogenannte Affiliate-Links. Wenn du auf so einen Affiliate-Link klickst und über diesen Link einkaufst, bekommt reinlesen.de von dem betreffenden Online-Shop oder Anbieter eine Provision. Für dich verändert sich der Preis nicht.
Geisteswissenschaften, Kunst, Musik / Pädagogik
The second edition of this landmark textbook is distinguished by its pioneering approach to encompassing disability and aging policies under one umbrella, in response to the newly developed Administration on Aging and Disability. It addresses policy changes impacting health and disability services resulting from the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and other new legislation, and offers a pioneering approach to transforming policy into practice applications. New to the second edition is current census data and new legislative mandates from the ACA and other policy organizations impacting aging adults and/or disabled populations. Also included is new coverage on Social Media, Motivational Interviewing, Health Literacy, Underrepresented Groups, LGBT, and Rural Communities. Podcasts, available as downloads, present the messages of advocates, lobbyists, policy experts, and consumers who address various aspects of relevant policies and policy development.
Unlike other texts, the book focuses on triangulating skills, policies, and programs for graduate students in social work, public health, gerontology, and rehabilitation. It aims thus to enhance understanding of policy development through a critical analysis and review of policy framework, and promotes development of skills in shaping programs and implementing policy. The text lays out tools that facilitate policy and program development to include the media, coalition building, the use of an evidence base, and how each mandated policy addresses these programs and services. Chapters include learning objectives, case studies, review/discussion questions, and resources for additional information. An Instructors Manual, Test Bank, and PowerPoint slides facilitate the teaching process.
New to the Second Edition:
- Addresses both disability and aging policies
- Includes updated census data
- Presents new legislation and mandates for the ACA, Veterans and the Military, Caregivers/Caregiver Support Act, Alzheimer Support, Health Lifestyles, Aging and Disability Resource Centers, Elder Justice Act, and Substance Use and Misuse
- Provides new coverage on Social Media, Motivational Interviewing, Health Literacy, Minorities, Incarcerated Individuals, Immigrants/Refugees, LGBT, and Rural Communities
- Offers podcasts of interviews with key consumers and policy experts
- Lays out tools that facilitate policy and program development
- Examines major service areas for older adults
- Addresses philosophical, historical, and demographic challenges
- Enhances understanding of policy development through critical analysis
- Includes learning objectives, case studies, review questions, and instructor package